Have innovative ideas and strategies to share with your O&M colleagues?
Have ideas for helping students achieve success?
Have expertise in a specific topic?
We need you to share your innovative ideas at the SOMA 2018 conference!!
We're currently looking to fill conference slots for all kinds of sessions: typical conference sessions, hands-on/interactive sessions, ½ day sessions and full-day pre-conference sessions, and feet-on-the street adventures!
Based on our main theme of INNOVATION, attendees will be looking for sessions about:
NEW TO THIS? KIND OF SCARED?
- incorporating GPS, useful apps, and other technology into O&M lessons
- tools and techniques for teaching O&M
- methods for effectively serving caseloads in the midst of critical shortages in O&M instructors
- alternative/non-traditional training programs or service providers
- improved methods for teaching students critical thinking skills
- evaluating / documenting the value of services provided to justify funding
- incorporating the Expanded Core Curriculum into instruction
- determining amounts of contact time for appropriate service-delivery to students
- accurate assessment of student needs
- how to support students and agencies in active shooter drills, and other safety trainings
- potential solutions to administrator resistance for off-campus/community instruction
- relevant research in O&M
- and other new developments in the field of O&M
To keep the spirit of SOMA alive, we are once again encouraging first-time presenters to spread their knowledge. Knowing how nerve-wracking it can be to present in front of people for the first time (or even submit a proposal!), we are offering to mentor and/or assist to help you prepare and present if you'd like.
And if you want help to put your ideas into a proposal, just let us know and we'll be glad to help!
We'd love to have you share! So…please think about what you can offer, and submit your ideas in the Call for Papers. If you aren't sure you can come, send us your ideas anyway! If your ideas are selected, then you can finalize your plans to come to SOMA.
CALL FOR PAPERS
To send us your proposal for a SOMA session, download the form by
clicking here and send it to Dona Sauerburger. We look forward to hearing from you!
APRIL 15th is the deadline for submitting your proposals.
QUESTIONS? Please feel free to contact us with questions!