SOMA 2018 O&M Conference
Saturday-Tuesday, December 8-11, 2018
Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
2225 N Lois Ave, Tampa, Florida, 33607
Innovation and Exploration in O&M!
Want to learn how to incorporate new teaching techniques and technology into your O&M lessons? Interested in learning about new and innovative ideas in the field of O&M? Want to leave a conference feeling invigorated and energetic, fill your brain with new ways to serve individuals with visual impairments?
Well, have we got the conference for you! Southeastern Orientation and Mobility Association (SOMA) is planning a FANTASTIC 2018 conference December 8-11 in beautiful Tampa, Florida.
We'll have more than 40 presenters from as far as the UK -- you can click here to see the broad range of topics - the schedule is on our program page.
Please make plans to join us to exchange ideas and explore innovations in O&M.
$185 Early bird until October 12, 2018
HOTEL -- Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
$225 Regular registration after October 12th
$75 One-day registration
$85 Student Volunteer Registration
The $185 Early-Bird or $225 Regular registrations include:
The One-Day $75 Registration includes:
- A full program of O&M workshops and presentations (all ACVREP-approved).
- Access to all exhibits of O&M-related products and services
- Receptions and any meals provided throughout the conference
The $85 Student Volunteer Registration includes:
- Conference sessions for one day
- Access to all exhibits of O&M-related products and services available that day
- Any meals provided that day
- Access to all activities and meals provided for full-registration attendees, when a minimum of 2 volunteer hours are provided for SOMA either before, during, or after the conference.
The conference will be at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, 2225 N Lois Ave, Tampa, Florida, 33607
Call for Volunteers:
The hotel provides a breakfast, free wifi, and free shuttles to/from the Tampa International airport as well as around the area.
It is within walking distance from various restaurants and two minutes from two impressive malls (Westshore Plaza and International Plaza)
For the best hotel rate, book your reservation directly through the hotel by calling 813-877-6688, Ext. 1558 to request the SOMA rate of only $129 plus tax (this rate is also available for 2 nights before the conference).
Want to help with conference planning or logistics? We're in search of energetic volunteers to help make SOMA 2018 a success. If you have energy, we need you! Specifically, we're looking for help in these areas:
If you're willing, we'd love your help!
If you'd like to get involved or get more information, contact Eileen Bischof.
- volunteer coordinator
- planning of local activities for attendees
- acquisition and coordination of vendors
- general help with tasks before, during, and after the conference
SOMA 2018 Conference Committee:
Eileen Bischof, Co-Chair
Mickey Damelio, Co-Chair
Mary Phagan-Kean, Registration
Dona Sauerburger, Program
Photos above are from the 2016 SOMA in Chattanooga (all in History page):
(left to right): Exhibitors' Hall; Diane DeLange and Okono Okono on Blindfold Walk with street-crossing card;
Participants in session skyping with presenter in Japan; Innovations -- CoBi 7-person bike and Dakota Disk cane tip; Opening general session: SOMA Celebration